Monday, February 15, 2010

Ancient Greece
























I took a visit to the Metropolitan Museum on Saturday evening and I enjoyed it a lot more than expected. I didn't go alone. Going alone I would have just taken pictures and wrote anything here. But I actually took a look around and was amazed mostly in the pottery and the art. The pottery in the the Greek section of the museum was amazing in the fact that is showed the history of its people. There were many pottery but I was most interested in the ones with drawings. There would be like a story in each one. A table with people eating and enjoying themselves. Pictures of people fighting and also pictures of warriors or soldiers from the time. I took other pictures of the jewelry. I see that during that time fashion was still part of life. The most fun part was the sculptures of people. I enjoyed seeing how Greek art was advanced. They were really focused in the human body and its shape and specific characteristics. I took some pictures before the security guard tried to stop us from fooling around. My friend was pretending to grab the butt of the sculptures. Through the museum I also encountered different sculpture heads and some of Gods. I was really fascinated from it because it I always had a curiosity of mythic stories and Gods that have each different powers and responsibility in the Universe. Hades God of the Underworld. Zeus the King of the Gods. Im putting pictures for you all to see. If you can't view them please e-mail me if you want me to e-mail it to you. Kevin.delgado@baruchmail.cuny.edu

1 comment:

  1. Kevin i like your pictures and the summary of all the artifacts you have seen. Your post about Ancient Greece caught my attention right away. However, i was hoping for a more detailed explanation of some particular statues. Like the last statue of the lion with wings. Perhaps when it was discovered, how old it is, was it a God, or what did it serve for? Again, great pictures, because i myself struggled with the security guards :)

    ReplyDelete